Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Did Saloons Really Have Those Swinging Doors? - poem

  

Lawrence Hall, HSG

Mhall46184@aol.com

 

Did Saloons Really Have Those Swinging Doors?

 

I’d like to mosey down to the Long Branch Saloon

In glorious CBS monochrome

Along Dodge City’s sound-stage cow town street

And saunter through those familiar swinging doors

 

I’d like to order a beer from good ol’ Sam

And listen to Doc and Festus fussing at each other

While Matt and Kitty smile contentedly

And for a while we are all at peace

 

I’d like to mosey down to the Long Branch Saloon

That’s what I’d like, and leave the world tethered outside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Biden and Mr. Trump Schedule a Debate - rhyming couplet

  Lawrence Hall, HSG Mhall46184@aol.com   Mr. Biden and Mr. Trump Schedule a Debate   “No, sir, I do not bite my dentures at you, si...